Friday, July 10, 2009

"New" Santana


Picked up this 2-CD set when it came out at the end of June and finally had the chance to listen to it in its entirety. It's "totally groovy" (thought I'd use vernacular from back in that time period. Who am I kidding? I STILL use that phrase) and afforded me a memory trip back to where Santana exploded onto the musical landscape and changed me. This CD rocks because, well, it's Carlos and anything he does rocks. The 40th anniversary of Woodstock DVD is also out and it's worth picking up as well. Some re digitizing has been done and his performance is even better than the one seen on the original VHS set (trust me - I have the original as well as the 40th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition). In any event, some "new" Carlos for one's auditory pleasure.