Monday, December 19, 2011

This is for you, Keith

I've kept myself busy intentionally this month so the memories don't flood back. However, as I leave for the east coast tomorrow to spend the holidays with my mom my thoughts and my heart draw to my brother. Keith died on the 17th of December last year and we had his funeral services on Christmas Eve day. We were two peas in a pod, there's not a day that goes by without me thinking of him and missing him. My heart just breaks and aches at his absence and whoever said things get better with time are full of shit - things don't get better, we just learn to adapt and live without the loved ones who go much too soon, as did my brother. The heart doesn't heal as there will always be a portion missing with the void. I don 't want, nor do I have the fortitude to get into a long blog about my brother. However, my brother was a great Dave Matthews Band fan - in fact, we had planned on seeing him in concert on the east coast but, alas, he was taken before we could go. Anyway, he liked all of Dave Matthews' work and particularily "Why I Am" and the Grux intro off Matthews' GooGrux King cd. So, Keith, here's a clip of the band playing "Why I Am" on the Letterman show as well as a studio track of "Grux". I miss you, I love you and I would change places with you in a heartbeat - I'm hope you and Dad are looking down on all of us who treasured our time with you.



1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Keith is rockin' in Heaven, and betting on races at their version of the Kentucky Derby.

    ReplyDelete