Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The City by the Bay


I had a f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s trip to San Francisco last weekend. I flew up early afternoon Friday and stayed until Sunday late. Monday was a blur because by the time I returned home and went to bed it was practically time to get up for class. If I could have I would've cancelled class and stayed in bed for more sleep. However, this is the last week of the summer session so alas (and alack) I couldn't "play hooky". Anyway,what a f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s trip! The weather was considerably cooler which was a blessing in itself. Visited college friends who have been living in Russian Hill for the last few years since inheriting property and who had invited me a while back to come see the current exhibitions at the deYoung and MOMA. I do so enjoy San Fransisco and seeing Ella and Stefan and go when I can (not as often as I'd like as this is my first and, in all probability, only trip this year) and this trip date was planned to coincide with reservations at The French Laundry (which take, on average, a couple of months to procure). Some of the same places are always on the "to-do" list but, since my trips up north are so so infrequent, we always try to go somewhere new each time I visit. The deYoung is always on the list as is the Japanese tea garden. Didn't have time for Chinatown,Fisherman's Wharf or City Lights Bookstore this trip because but the time we got back to the city (see TFL below), went to the Japanese tea garden and had a early dinner it was time to head to the airport. The "new" experience this trip was dining at The French Laundry. Oh.My.God!!! What an over-the-moon experience TFL was - the food was almost as good as an orgasm. Then again, 'twas a culinary orgasm so... . The French Laundry was, without a doubt, the finest dining experience I have ever had in my entire life. Astronomical prices so it was fortunate that the eve was "comped" by monied parents. Just unbelievable! And because it takes a long while to truly savor a 9-course meal and there were quite a bit of "adult beverages" consumed we stayed the night in Yountville (where TFL is located). Just an overall amazing weekend. Images shown were not taken by me.


Birth of Impressionism: Masterpieces from the Musée d’Orsay at the deYoung.


Calder to Warhol:Introducing the Fisher Collection
at MOMA

The French Laundry




Japanese Tea Garden







Images Shown:
San Francisco Cable Car
deYoung Art Museum
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
The French Laundry
Japanese Tea Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment