Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The live meet has run its last race


Alas (and alack) the 2009 Del Mar meet has, sadly, ended.

I had some off days when as the old saying goes - "I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat".

I had some good days where some of my picks came in and some didn't.

I had some absolutely fabulous days when all my long shots came in and I won every race I bet.

Above all, whether 'twas an off day, a good day or a fabulous day, I was privileged to watch the artistry of the horses as they did what they love to do most - run, run and run some more. They are truly beautiful athletes and Del Mar is a beautiful track. So, combining these majestic animals, a fab track, some "adult beverages", the sun, the cool ocean breeze it all adds up to another season of superb racing. I can't wait for next year!