Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Session Countdown...

'Tis the last week of summer school so right now I'm experiencing the "joy" of listening to all the assorted (and creative) excuses from students as to why I should accept work that was due two-three weeks ago. It's such a predictable behavior as it happens at the same time each semester and, predictably, I feel like they're trying to engage me in an academic version of "Let's Make a Deal". However, I'm not Monty Hall and our classes take place at a college not the studios of ABC and NBC. So, although there are no deals to be had, their attempts at deal-making are quite entertaining and I do give them a Siskel and Ebert "thumbs up" for trying. Anyway, three more in-class days, tons of essays to grade, the computing and turning in of grades and then a two week respite (where the only things on my mind will be decompressing and a resort getaway) before the Fall semester begins with a sea of fresh, smiling faces.