Monday, May 18, 2009

Grading



'Tis the end of the semester and I've got a billion papers to grade. I don't want to grade one, much less a billion. If I grade them at home I can always find ten billion other things to distract me. So, what to do, what to do...? I've got it - my car is due for a service visit so I'll have that service done as well get the car completely detailed AND wait at the dealership while said work is done. Yep, that's right - 7 hours sitting in a controlled environment with no distractions. The chair was comfy, I had food and drink (and the detailing was spectacular). Finished grading papers for 2 full classes - woo hoo! Now I only have 3 more classes to go... Looks like I'll be burning the midnight oil this entire week so sleep doesn't seem to be on the horizon. Oh well, everyone knows what Warren Zevon said about sleeping.